We run an extensive events programme, designed to give maximum benefit to our members. Each year, a series of high profile conferences, forums and discussions at home and overseas allows members to engage with leading politicians, regulators and business people.
Many of the events are timed to coincide with the launch of major pieces of our research, industry announcements from member firms, important government consultations or significant regulatory initiatives.
With member organisations from banking, building societies, insurance, pensions and investments, as well as associated professional services, we are uniquely placed to represent the practitioner voice of the whole financial services industry through our events.
Our events fall under four broad streams of activity:
- National: we run a national programme of events, engaging politicians, business people and consumer groups across the regions. The programme reflects the fact that finance affects everyone’s lives, and that more than two thirds of the 1 million people in the industry work outside London.
- London: we host regular events in Westminster, Whitehall, Canary Wharf and the City of London. High profile politicians and business leaders are invited to share their views at flagship events and more intimate meetings, ensuring the industry voice is heard by leading policymakers and regulators in the UK.
- Europe: we are expanding our programme in Brussels, ensuring that the industry is represented at the European Parliament and across the European Union. Given the introduction of new and powerful EU regulators, it is critical that European legislation and regulation is informed by the needs of UK businesses.
- International: we give our members opportunities to attend overseas events, for example through Lord Mayor’s visits.
Our events follow one of four formats:
- Conferences: major events held in prestigious locations with a range of well known speakers, often running across a half or whole day. Conferences will attract 100+ guests.
- Forums: hosted at high-profile locations with a few speakers, forums will last up to several hours and will attract approximately 50-100 guests.
- Discussions: these events will be more intimate seminars, roundtables or panel events for 5-15 specifically chosen guests.
- Other events: we occasionally host or participate in special events for UK and overseas dignitaries, including the Lord Major’s visits.
To see a list of our latest events, follow this link.
We offer regular opportunities for event sponsorship, with priority being given to our members.
Sponsors will benefit from:
- Close association with our high profile work championing the international competitiveness of the UK financial services industry
- Helping us to inform and influence UK and EU regulatory and trade policies
- Access to high-profile politicians, regulators and business people
- Profile with our extensive membership
We will work with our sponsors to ensure:
- Sponsors’ company information is included in all marketing activity associated with the events programme
- Sponsors are publicly recognised at launch events and associated report documents
We will share evaluation and analysis of the events with sponsors. This includes delegate feedback on speakers, content, access to influential contacts, location, venue, format and recommendations to peers.
If you are interested in sponsoring one of our events, please contact our Commercial Director, Keith Phillips (firstname.lastname@example.org).