Gulf Cooperation Council states
We promote the UK financial and professional service sectors extensively in the Gulf markets:
- Saudi Arabia
- the UAE - Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
Primary objectives within these markets are to:
- position the UK as partner of choice for financial and professional services - particularly in PPP, Islamic finance, risk management/ regulation, fund management and insurance/reinsurance
- uphold the UK's reputation as the leading international financial services centre
Getting business going in the Gulf
Promotional activity sees us actively involved in:
- UKTI Gulf Financial & Professional Services Opportunities Roadshows. These will take place in London and up to two regional locations (Birmingham and either North West England or Scotland)
- the World Islamic Banking Conference. We encompass the UK Islamic Finance Secretariat, which helps to coordinate the UK presence
- Lord Mayor, Ministerial and VIP visits to and from the Gulf
- UKTI initiatives to deliver "PPP as the way forward"
Establishing new links
New opportunities for UK firms in PPP in Qatar, Abu Dhabi and Dubai are particularly significant, so we are developing new relationships with relevant bodies in these countries.
We support UKTI's UAE and Saudi bilateral working groups and the establishment of a UK-Bahrain bilateral Islamic Finance Working Group.
To get involved in our GCC Working Group, or find out more about our promotional activity in the Gulf, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A detailed list of our events focused on the GCC region is available here.
GCC economic reports
We produce monthly economic updates focused on the GCC States in association with Oxford Economics. Follow this link to download the latest report.