Russia, CIS & Mongolia
London's capital markets play an unrivalled role for Russian businesses as a preferred destination for raising finance. Our promotional campaigning within this market maintains and builds on this advantage.
Our work helps to develop the increasing trust and transparency between Russia, CIS & Mongolia and the UK, and in turn:
- improves the trading environment for financial services in Russia, CIS & Mongolia, specifically in banking, PPP, insolvency law, asset management and the insurance sector
- helps Russia, CIS & Mongolia to develop an open, well-regulated, financial sector and business environment consistent with international best practice.
Taking a lead - the campaign specifics
We coordinate the work of many UK organisations to define and project the strongest possible message on behalf of the UK financial services sector to the Russian Federation. TheCityUK Russia, CIS & Mongolia Group:
- takes a leading role in developing key promotional messages
- identifies where joint public-private efforts can be most effective
- advises on and approve plans to promote the UK within Russia, CIS & Mongolia
- is the focal point for joint private sector and government initiatives that promote the UK as the world's leading international financial centre
- participates in, and lends private sector support to, outward and inward events, including recruiting the Business Delegations for the Lord Mayor’s visits.
Moscow as an International Financial Centre
The Russian Government has identified TheCityUK as a leading partner in its work to develop Moscow as an International Financial Centre. In September 2011 TheCityUK, The Russian Taskforce and Vnescheconombank signed a Memorandum of Understanding detailing the objectives and working arrangements for their cooperation on the Moscow project. One of the objectives was highlighted as improving the prospects for business of the financial and related professional services industries in both countries. Six practitioner-led groups have been formed to examine the issues and identify opportunities. They are:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Equities and Listings
- The Regulatory and Administrative Environment
- Long Term Market Development, including infrastructure financing (PPP)
- Branding, Marketing and Public Relations
Follow this link to the MIFC website to find out more.
To get involved in our Russia, CIS & Mongolia Working Group, or find out more about our work on Moscow as an International Finance Centre, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A detailed list of our Russia, CIS & Mongolia focused events is available here.
Russia economic report
We produce monthly economic updates on Russia in association with Oxford Economics. Follow this link to download the latest report.