For more than 30 years we have worked to remove barriers for UK businesses that trade in international financial markets.
Our LOTIS Committee consists of representatives from across the UK-based financial and related professional services industry.
- Preparing a framework for a UK-EU Free Trade Agreement post Brexit, covering financial services as well as issues important to our members such as public procurement, competition rules and intellectual property.
- Business-driven priorities for trade and investment liberalisation.
- Responding to requests for detail on trade and investment barriers to be overcome.
- Commenting on positions taken in negotiations, and advising on acceptable outcomes.
- Briefing on trade and investment agreements, once concluded.
- Generally maintaining the case for the liberalisation agenda and increasing its profile.
Despite uncertainty around the future of the TTIP EU-US Agreement, the LOTIS Committee continues work to remove barriers to international markets for its members and UK-based financial and related professional services businesses.
For more information about the work of the Liberalisation of Trade in Services Committee please contact us.