Objective of role: Effectively manage a portfolio of accounts to secure renewals and to grow the value secured from the accounts.
• Deliver against renewal and upsell targets for portfolio.
• Work with the Commercial Director to develop and implement a set of bespoke plans to ensure we maximise engagement from and deliver value to those accounts identified within the portfolio.
• To support the continued growth of our sponsorship pipeline for our set piece events.
• Working with the Commercial Director and colleagues to support new member acquisition and additional revenue generation opportunities.
• To build relationships at various levels within our accounts with a particular focus on ‘internal’ account managers and senior executives.
• To ensure all data and insight is effectively gathered and recorded in the CRM.
• To act as a champion for your portfolio of accounts in TheCityUK and with key stakeholders ensuring the members’ interests are well represented.
• Establish the profile of TheCityUK as a ‘best in class’ account and relationship management business.
Reporting to (job title): Commercial Director & Head of Member Insight Team
Key Activities & Responsibilities
Key account planning and management
- Meet agreed targets for member retention in the allocated portfolio and implementation of fee structure.
- Meet targets for upselling products and services to the allocated portfolio.
- Ensure timely payment of membership invoices for reporting to TheCityUK Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- Implement the key account strategy, engaging with key stakeholders across our members.
- Gather information and insight for each of the allocated accounts into key account plans and onto the CRM.
- Build key account plans for agreed accounts to include objectives and milestones for the account.
- As a member of TheCityUK’s Member Insight Team, ensure that account management fulfils the objectives set out in the strategy and business plan.
- Ensure the on-going gathering and communication of insights from key accounts to drive a better understanding their needs.
- Produce regular and clear management reports on the main activity across accounts with an emphasis on the renewal process.
- Wherever possible, ensure that we report the value of engagement to our key accounts.
- Provide briefings as required to the Leadership Team and Board members.
- In addition to building relationships within key accounts, develop and manage internal relationships at TheCityUK to ensure the appropriate resource is available for key account activity and all relationships are effectively managed.
- Build relationships with key third parties and stakeholders including members such as trade bodies who can be influential in delivering the commercial and strategic objectives of TheCityUK.
Creating value and business development
- Working with the Commercial Director, to add value to our proposition by identifying member value and delivering against it.
- To work with the Commercial Director to identify opportunities to grow the offering through either extending the current activities or considering new business opportunities.
- To support the development of new sponsorship propositions at our set piece events including development, managing and closing of pipeline of opportunities
- To act in accordance at all times with TheCityUK values: Rigour, Agility, Teamwork, Impact, Respect.
- To be an advocate of the industry and the work of TheCityUK, able to articulate our proposition and benefits for the industry.
- To contribute to and be an advocate of best-in-class account management practice throughout the business.
- To have a comprehensive and up to date knowledge of TheCityUK’s business and activities.
- Assess workload and priorities to ensure we maintain focus on the priority objectives.
- Undertake any other duties which may reasonably be requested and are commensurate with the post.
Key Relationships & Interfaces
- TheCityUK’s CEO
- TheCityUK Member Insight Team
- TheCityUK’s Executive Committee, Senior Management Group and other colleagues
- Advisory Council members
- Board of Directors members
- Chair and members of TheCityUK’s key committees.
- Key contacts within member organisations and representatives
- Key industry bodies and individuals.
- Other external influencers as appropriate to develop TheCityUK’s commercial proposition.
- Proven expertise in an account management role ideally in financial services and/or trade body organisations.
- Commercial focus – proven experience of growing accounts and identifying new business opportunities.
- CRM experience.
- Good relationship building and interpersonal skills - this role is working within the highest levels of Financial Services.
- A robust and up-to-date understanding of the wider financial services industry including the key issues affecting members’ businesses across market issues, regulation and politics.
- Strong communication and written skills.
- Experience of working in a matrix environment, with developed processes to manage own activity.
- Degree desirable.
To apply for this role, please contact email@example.com, alternately you can apply on LinkedIn here.
Values at TheCityUK
These core set of values are essential for effective performance in our company and provides a common purpose as to how we deliver our work on a daily basis.
To find out more about our values and the standards of behaviour, please visit our webpage www.thecityuk.com
TheCityUK is the industry-led body representing UK-based financial and related professional services. We champion and support the success of the ecosystem, and thereby our members, promoting policies in the UK, across Europe and internationally that drive competitiveness, support job creation and ensure long-term economic growth. The industry contributes 12% of the UK’s total economic output and employs over 2.2 million people, with two thirds of these jobs outside London. It is one of the largest exporters and generates a trade surplus exceeding that of all other net exporting industries combined. It is also the largest taxpayer, and makes a real difference to people in their daily lives, helping them save for the future, buy a home, invest in a business and protect and manage risk. @TheCityUK.
TheCityUK is committed to equal opportunities for all applicants regardless of race, gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation or gender. We are proud to be a disability confident committed employer and, as such, all disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job as set out in the job description and person specification will be guaranteed an interview. Please advise at application stage or discuss in more detail at firstname.lastname@example.org