Reporting to: Senior Manager, Events
Objective of the role: To support the Senior Manager, Events in the development and delivery of a first-class events programme for TheCityUK
Key activities and responsibilities
Working with the Senior Manager, Events and wider Events team to coordinate and deliver events for TheCityUK that add member and organisational value, support the drive to diversity and constantly enhance and evolve the events offer through the production of events including roundtables (breakfasts, lunches, and dinners), seminars, stakeholder forums, launch events, conferences, dinners, and receptions.
- Responsible for supporting the planning and execution of virtual, hybrid and live in-person events.
- Leading the event content on a logistical level for all TheCityUK events.
- Researching and developing new content ideas and new formats for TheCityUK events programme and engaging colleagues to pursue their delivery.
- Identifying opportunities to streamline systems or otherwise improve processes within the team and cooperate with colleagues and others in such efforts.
- Assist with administrative elements relating to speaker engagement (coordinating dates and times, sourcing bios, drafting briefing notes, sharing logistical information, updating database records; circulation of papers to internal and external contacts etc).
- Work with subject matter experts and the events team to develop events that are consistent with our principles.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organisation as appropriate to ensure relevance and quality of event themes and speakers.
- Assist with the engagement between sponsors and large-scale events, acting as the liaison point for sponsor agreements with members and venues and events team members with logistics responsibilities.
- Think creatively about ways that online, hybrid and in-person events can engage key stakeholders within our membership.
- Create event copy and work with others within the corporate communications team and other colleagues as required to ensure effective event promotion.
- Any other ad-hoc duties that may be required.
Key Relationships & Interfaces
- This is a hands-on member facing role. The ideal candidate will be confident working directly with senior stakeholders including TheCityUK’s CEO and Leadership Team, Board, Leadership Council and key members, as well as external suppliers.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- Events experience within a professional environment
- Able to effectively prioritise workload and multitask various projects simultaneously
- Ability to quickly establish effective relationships with colleagues and senior individuals across a range of organisations
- Adaptability and reliability with a strong ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Willingness to travel within the UK and work extended hours (including evenings) when required
- Flexible approach to tasks and responsibilities
- Enjoys a challenge
- Calm demeanour with ability to work under pressure
- Higher education such as A Levels and/or relevant experience
- CRM experience
- Marketing experience, showing an ability to integrate events with other communication channels and ensure a consistent message for events across TheCityUK
- Events producer experience within financial services or government affairs
To apply for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, apply on LinkedIn click here.
Values at TheCityUK
These core set of values are essential for effective performance in our company and provides a common purpose as to how we deliver our work on a daily basis.
To find out more about our values and the standards of behaviour, please visit our webpage www.thecityuk.com
TheCityUK is the industry-led body representing UK-based financial and related professional services. We champion and support the success of the ecosystem, and thereby our members, promoting policies in the UK and internationally that drive competitiveness, support job creation and ensure long-term economic growth. The industry contributes 12% of the UK’s total economic output and employs nearly 2.5 million people, with two thirds of these jobs outside London. It is the UK’s largest net exporting industry and generates a trade surplus exceeding that of all other net exporting industries combined. It is also the largest taxpayer, and makes a real difference to people in their daily lives, helping them save for the future, buy a home, invest in a business and protect and manage risk.
TheCityUK is committed to equal opportunities for all applicants regardless of race, gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation or gender. We are proud to be a disability confident committed employer and, as such, all disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job as set out in the job description and person specification will be guaranteed an interview. Please advise at application stage or discuss in more detail at email@example.com