Objective of role: To assist the Head of Policy (HoP) in delivering TheCityUK’s policy programme, in support of TheCityUK’s objective to promote the competitiveness of UK financial and related professional services.
Reporting to (job title): Head of Policy
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- With a focus on green and sustainable finance, net zero transition and ESG: Work with the HoP, other colleagues and members to develop and deliver relevant TheCityUK policy strategy, plans, positions and projects, as well as International Regulatory Strategy Group (IRSG) outputs.
- Provide secretariat support for TheCityUK and IRSG committees as agreed with the HoP, including planning and producing meeting agendas, papers for discussion, organising meetings and external speakers, producing the meeting minutes and ensuring follow up actions are completed.
- Assist the HoP in delivering TheCityUK’s senior stakeholder engagement programme.
- Work with the HoP, wider Policy Team, Corporate Communications Team and others on the production of key pieces of collateral. This can involve managing the production and co-ordinating content from member groups, stakeholders, desktop research, interviews and other sources.
- Provide briefings for senior colleagues in advance of high-level meetings.
- Take notes at meetings and events and arrange follow up actions as required.
- Utilise TheCityUK’s project management framework as appropriate.
- Carry out any other duties as reasonably instructed.
Key Relationships & Interfaces
- TheCityUK’s Executive Committee
- Policy team
- Economics and Research team
- Public Affairs team
- Member Insight team
- International Trade and Investment team
- Other colleagues as appropriate including secondees, retained agencies and contractors.
- Chairs and members of key TheCityUK committees and IRSG committees
- The City of London Corporation, with a focus on IRSG projects and secretariat
- Key contacts within member organisations and representatives
- Key industry bodies and individuals
- Government, regulators and other key stakeholders.
- Experience of green and sustainable finance, net zero transition, ESG. This may have been gained in a different sector (e.g. energy), a public sector body, or a company.
- Experience of UK policymaking environment, institutions and processes - for example including industry representative bodies, think tanks.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering policy positions, papers and policy influencing activity, including responding to government and/or regulatory consultations/inquiries.
- Good analytical and report writing skills.
- Good influencing and communications skills.
- Self-starter, prioritises tasks, well organised, plans ahead and delivers to deadlines, strong attention to detail, conscientious, takes responsibility and ownership.
- Ability to network, develop relationships and work with senior individuals across a range of organisations.
- Willingness to travel overseas as required.
- Experience / understanding / interest in financial markets, products, financial sector organisations, economics.
- Degree educated in a field relevant to financial and related professional services (e.g. finance, economics, law, etc.).
To apply for this role, please contact email@example.com.
Alternatively, apply on LinkedIn here.
Values at TheCityUK
These core set of values are essential for effective performance in our company and provides a common purpose as to how we deliver our work on a daily basis.
TheCityUK is the industry-led body representing UK-based financial and related professional services. We champion and support the success of the ecosystem, and thereby our members, promoting policies in the UK and internationally that drive competitiveness, support job creation and ensure long-term economic growth. The industry contributes 12% of the UK’s total economic output and employs nearly 2.5 million people, with two thirds of these jobs outside London. It is the UK’s largest net exporting industry and generates a trade surplus exceeding that of all other net exporting industries combined. It is also the largest taxpayer, and makes a real difference to people in their daily lives, helping them save for the future, buy a home, invest in a business and protect and manage risk.
TheCityUK is committed to equal opportunities for all applicants regardless of race, gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation or gender. We are proud to be a disability confident committed employer and, as such, all disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job as set out in the job description and person specification will be guaranteed an interview. Please advise at application stage or discuss in more detail at firstname.lastname@example.org