Reporting to: Commercial Director
Objective of the role: Supporting the Member Insight Team in the execution of the MIT strategy and objectives.
- Effectively manage a portfolio of accounts to secure renewals and to grow the value secured from the accounts.
- Deliver against renewal and upsell targets for portfolio.
- To ensure all data and insight is effectively gathered and recorded in the CRM.
- Establish the profile of TheCityUK as a ‘best in class’ account and relationship management business.
Key activities and responsibilities
- Be a key point of contact, and advocate, for the Member Insight Team both internally and externally
- Responsible for a portfolio of ‘industry partners’ (roughly 30) engaging them in appropriate membership activities, events and workstreams.
- CRM system maintenance and development
- Invoice chasing, escalation to Commercial Director if needed
- Preparing preliminary events lists using CRM reports
- Assisting the Commercial Director with administration of key account plans and reports for the business and Board of Directors.
- Co-ordinating team meetings both within the team and across house as required.
- Preparation of meeting packs/documents as required for member meetings.
- Any other ad-hoc duties that maybe required.
Key Relationships and Interfaces
- TheCityUK Member Insight Team
- TheCityUK’s Leadership Team, Senior Management Group and other colleagues
- Key contacts within member organisations and representatives
- Key industry bodies and individuals
- Other external influencers as appropriate to develop TheCityUK’s commercial proposition
- Some experience in commercial development and relationship management is essential.
- Desire to move into account management role in the future.
- Experience of working with CRM systems is essential.
- Highly organised, self-starter, confident in dealing with very senior stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to summarise information and actions from group meetings.
- Good Microsoft skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, CRM).
- Pro-active approach, thinks outside the box, uses own initiative.
- Ability to prioritise and maintain a calm demeanour.
- Professional/financial services experience (desirable but not essential).
- Higher education such as A Levels and/or relevant experience.
To apply for this role, please contact email@example.com.
Alternatively, apply on LinkedIn click here.
Values at TheCityUK
These core set of values are essential for effective performance in our company and provides a common purpose as to how we deliver our work on a daily basis.
To find out more about our values and the standards of behaviour, please visit our webpage www.thecityuk.com
TheCityUK is the industry-led body representing UK-based financial and related professional services. We champion and support the success of the ecosystem, and thereby our members, promoting policies in the UK and internationally that drive competitiveness, support job creation and ensure long-term economic growth. The industry contributes 12% of the UK’s total economic output and employs nearly 2.5 million people, with two thirds of these jobs outside London. It is the UK’s largest net exporting industry and generates a trade surplus exceeding that of all other net exporting industries combined. It is also the largest taxpayer, and makes a real difference to people in their daily lives, helping them save for the future, buy a home, invest in a business and protect and manage risk.
TheCityUK is committed to equal opportunities for all applicants regardless of race, gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation or gender. We are proud to be a disability confident committed employer and, as such, all disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job as set out in the job description and person specification will be guaranteed an interview. Please advise at application stage or discuss in more detail at firstname.lastname@example.org