Job title: PA to Managing Director, Public Affairs, Policy & Research
Reporting to (job title): Managing Director, Public Affairs, Policy & Research
Objective of role: Assisting the Managing Director in:
- The execution of the Company’s strategy and objectives.
- Ensuring quality through development, implementation and improvement of company processes and procedures.
- Designing performance measures for the business including a consideration of efficiency versus effectiveness.
- Ensuring they are fully briefed, supported and prepared for meetings and other relevant activities.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Assisting with the setting-up of new projects and workstreams, organising meetings of steering groups, interview schedules and liaising with member firms.
- Supporting the MD to prepare for meetings, ensuring briefings and papers are prepared in advance.
- Working with the team to obtain briefings for the CEO as requested by the EA to the CEO.
- Dealing with the MD’s expenses.
- Management of the MD’s busy travel (domestic and international), diary and inbox Handling correspondence.
- Answering incoming calls.
- Arranging video conference / hybrid meetings for the MD.
- Act as a gatekeeper with responsibility for managing the MD’s diary.
- Maintaining discretion and confidentiality, at all times.
- Meet and greet guests and serve refreshments as required.
- Providing general office and administration support.
- Assisting the MD with the development of the business plan, committee and Remuneration & Nominations Committee.
- Assisting the MD in ensuring we are engaged with the Future Lord Mayor's and scheduling quarterly breakfast meetings.
- Assisting the MD PAPR with specific projects and ongoing activities to ensure effective delivery of organisational and team priorities.
- Ensuring effective diary management and that the MD is well prepared for meetings and speaking engagements.
- Scheduling committee meetings for the team for the year ahead.
- Working in collaboration with all teams to develop and identify processes/quality procedures, reporting areas of concern.
- Proof reading reports on a regular basis and as directed or requested, to ensure the appropriate processes and procedures are in place.
- Organising meetings with stakeholders to ensure the company’s work programmes are meeting stakeholders needs.
- Arranging meetings with member organisations as required to service the membership.
- Supporting the wider PAPR team to ensure effective delivery of activity and strong outcomes.
- Assisting the MD to develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders including other Executive Committee colleagues, senior members, PA network across the industry etc.
- Representing the company externally as required.
- Undertaking any other duties which may reasonably be requested and are commensurate with the post.
- Support other PAs on a day-to-day basis, and provide back up in their absence as required.
- Attend regular PA and Admin meetings to ensure cross-team collaboration.
- Assisting with arranging TheCityUK’s Annual EA / PA Networking event.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous professional development and undertake training as required.
Key Relationships & Interfaces
- TheCityUK’s Executive Committee, Senior Management Group and other colleagues.
- TheCityUK’s PA & Administration Team.
- City of London Corporation.
- Mansion House.
- Key contacts within member organisations and representatives including their PAs/EAs.
- Key industry bodies and individuals.
- HMT, No.10 Downing Street and other relevant government departments.
- Other external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Highly organised, self-starter, familiar with quality and documents control.
- Good analytical report writing and minute taking skills.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Proactive and one step ahead at all times.
- Experience with working on CRM systems.
- Ability to prioritise and maintain a calm demeanour.
- Good influencing and communication skills (written and verbal).
- A ‘can-do’ attitude with the ability to use initiative.
- Trustworthy, diligent, and confidential.
- Financial and / or Professional services experience (desirable).
- Ability to deal effectively with all levels of personnel with the confidence to deal with senior stakeholders (internal and external).
- Experience in dealing with high level of administration / coordination.
- Highly organised and with the ability to prioritise and refer upwards as required.
- Takes ownership & responsibility.
- Highly confidential, can work with discretion.
- Accurate written skills with high attention to detail.
- Confidant in making decisions on behalf of others when necessary.
- Higher education such as A Levels and/or relevant experience.
- Must have the right to work in the UK.
To apply for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, to apply on LinkedIn, please click here.
Values at TheCityUK
These core set of values are essential for effective performance in our company and provides a common purpose as to how we deliver our work on a daily basis:
To find out more about our values and the standards of behaviour, please visit our About us page.
TheCityUK is the industry-led body representing UK-based financial and related professional services. We champion and support the success of the ecosystem, and thereby our members, promoting policies in the UK, across Europe and internationally that drive competitiveness, support job creation and ensure long-term economic growth. The industry contributes over 10% of the UK’s total economic output and employs 2.3 million people, with two thirds of these jobs outside London. It is the largest tax payer, the biggest exporting industry, generates a trade surplus almost equivalent to all other net exporting industries combined. It also makes a real difference to people in their daily lives, helping them save for the future, buy a home, invest in a business and protect and manage risk. @TheCityUK.