Reporting to: Head of Policy.
Objective of role: To assist the Head of Policy (HoP) in delivering TheCityUK’s policy and political engagement programme, in support of TheCityUK’s objective to promote the competitiveness of UK financial and related professional services.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Manage and support a number of standing policy committees. This includes drafting the agenda and papers for discussion and organising meetings.
- Establish and manage a network of stakeholders as appropriate to the work of the policy committees to support ongoing policy work and the policymaker relationships of senior management.
- Work with the HoP and others on the production of key policy outputs. This involves managing the production process and co-ordinating content from steering groups, responding to government consultations, interviewing members to produce policy positions, and developing discussion papers.
- Support TheCityUK’s ongoing strategic partnerships with government bodies where appropriate.
- Be an active member of the IRSG secretariat to help deliver its workstream programmes, overseen jointly with the City of London Corporation.
- Where relevant attend events and summits to represent the work of TheCityUK.
- Liaise with members of TheCityUK’s International Trade and Investment team to identify opportunities to be fed into the work of the international Market Advisory Groups.
- Provide briefings for senior colleagues in advance of high-level meetings.
- Assist the HoP in delivering TheCityUK’s senior stakeholder engagement programme, and where relevant represent the organisation in external fora.
- Utilise TheCityUK’s project management framework as appropriate.
- Carry out any other duties as reasonably instructed.
Key Relationships and Interfaces
- TheCityUK’s Executive Committee
- Economics and Research
- Public Affairs team
- Member Insight team
- International Trade and Investment team Other colleagues as appropriate including secondees, retained agencies and contractors
- Chairs and members of key TheCityUK committees
- CoLC, with a focus on IRSG projects and secretariat
- Key contacts within member organisations and representatives
- Key industry bodies and individuals
- Understanding of and interest in the regulation of financial markets as well as wider economics and public policy.
- Experience of and/or interest in Government, UK and European policymaking institutions, key industry bodies, think tanks and financial sector organisations.
- Good influencing and communications skills.
- Ability to network, develop relationships and work with senior individuals across a range of organisations.
- Analytical and report writing skills of a high calibre.
- Willingness to develop in-depth knowledge of policy matters.
- Willingness to travel overseas.
- Public policy experience.
- Self-starter, prioritises tasks, attention to detail, conscientious, takes responsibility and ownership.
- Degree educated in a relevant field to financial and related professional services (e.g. finance, economics, law, etc.) is desirable.
To apply for this role, please contact email@example.com.
To apply on LinkedIn please click here.
Values at TheCityUK
These core set of values are essential for effective performance in our company and provides a common purpose as to how we deliver our work on a daily basis:
To find out more about our values and the standards of behaviour, please visit our About us page.
TheCityUK is the industry-led body representing UK-based financial and related professional services. We champion and support the success of the ecosystem, and thereby our members, promoting policies in the UK, across Europe and internationally that drive competitiveness, support job creation and ensure long-term economic growth. The industry contributes 12% of the UK’s total economic output and employs over 2.2 million people, with two thirds of these jobs outside London. It is one of the largest exporters and generates a trade surplus exceeding that of all other net exporting industries combined. It is also the largest taxpayer, and makes a real difference to people in their daily lives, helping them save for the future, buy a home, invest in a business and protect and manage risk.@TheCityUK.
TheCityUK is committed to equal opportunities for all applicants regardless of race, gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation or gender. We are proud to be a disability confident committed employer and, as such, all disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job as set out in the job description and person specification will be guaranteed an interview. Please advise at application stage or discuss in more detail at firstname.lastname@example.org