Job title: Project Manager - Ukraine (FTC – 3 months, with a possible extension of 12 months)
Reporting to: Head, International Development
Objective of role:
- To be responsible for effective implementation and delivery of Ukraine project, with a focus on redevelopment of financial and related professional services in Ukraine.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day management of Ukraine project, ensuring delivery meets quality expectations (internal and client), delivers to the scope of the project, within budget and in line with project timelines.
- To work closely with clients, members, delivery partners, consultants, and colleagues to ensure project maximises its positive impact.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Project manage the delivery of day-to-day activities of the Ukraine project, ensuring the project is delivered on time, within budget and complies with the client contract.
- Set-up and monitor the project workplan, log frame, etc., including change requests ensuring that all stages of the project and decision making are formally recorded.
- Support compilation of technical and financial project reports
- Engage and communicate with a range of internal and external project stakeholders (UK, Ukraine and internationally) and members.
- Support development and review of client and internal reports and deliverables for accuracy and approval.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with delivery members/partners and the internal team(s) and build a solid understanding of delivery needs and timelines across projects.
- Identify risks and monitor the risk registry, escalate items as needed. Lead duty of care and travel planning for the project.
- Monitor project budget performance, liaising with the Finance Team.
- Support compliance and audits and draft responses.
- Make recommendations to ensure financial outcomes are met in respect to time, quality and cost ensuring early warning of project overspend.
- Prepare internal project update reporting including finances and resourcing using required management tools.
- Partner with key industry stakeholders including trade associations, promotional bodies, business councils, chambers of commerce and other commercial organisations, domestic and international, to deliver agreed outcomes.
- Provide briefings for members ahead of major delegations and events relating to Ukraine project.
- Add value to the HMG’s agenda for developing and strategic markets.
- Promote the best interests of TheCityUK and its members at all times.
- Support the organisations goals and values.
- Any other duties commensurate to the role, as requested by the Head, International Development.
Key Relationships & Interfaces
- TheCityUK’s Leadership Team
- Colleagues in TheCityUK
- Senior stakeholders in member firms
- His Majesty’s Government (Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office, Department for Business and Trade, British International Investment, His Majesty’s Treasury)
- Government of Ukraine and other key stakeholders involved in the project
- Key financial and related professional services stakeholders in UK, Ukraine, and other countries
- Good Governance Fund Stakeholders
- Senior stakeholders in Ukrainian and UK private sector firms
- Other international bi- and multi-lateral donor organisations
- Diplomatic missions in London, Ukraine, Europe, and the US
- Other promotional bodies and CoLC
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian languages.
- Experience in managing international development projects, including for FCDO.
- Strong project management skills to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Ability to plan and coordinate project implementation activities including reporting, finance, project management; and develop and implement administrative systems in a complex environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills demonstrated by successful liaison and rapport building with clients, members, and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capacity to coordinate quality documentation that conveys ideas and concepts in a clear, logical, and accessible manner.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise workflow to tight timeframes, handle multiple tasks and be flexible with changing priorities.
- Proven ability to resolve problems, anticipate barriers and create practical solutions.
- Demonstrated attention to detail ensuring quality standards and value for money are maintained.
- Ability to travel internationally when required.
- Experience of working in Ukraine or Eastern Neighbourhood countries.
- Experience of working in conflict-affected countries.
- Experience in delivering projects in private sector development, economic growth, and financial services industry.
- Ability to understand and effectively utilise financial information.
- A track record of balancing competing priorities and providing solutions to complex scenarios.
- Commercial outlook and ability to deliver value-added outcomes for members and donors.
- An understanding of membership and/or trade organisations.
- High IT proficiency (Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), SharePoint, etc.).
- Prince 2 or equivalent qualification.
To apply for this role, please contact email@example.com, alternately you can apply on LinkedIn here.
Values at TheCityUK
These core set of values are essential for effective performance in our company and provides a common purpose as to how we deliver our work on a daily basis:
To find out more about our values and the standards of behaviour, please visit our About us page.
TheCityUK is the industry-led body representing UK-based financial and related professional services. We champion and support the success of the ecosystem, and thereby our members, promoting policies in the UK, across Europe and internationally that drive competitiveness, support job creation and ensure long-term economic growth. The industry contributes 12% of the UK’s total economic output and employs over 2.2 million people, with two thirds of these jobs outside London. It is UK’s largest net exporting industry and generates a trade surplus exceeding that of all other net exporting industries combined. It is also the largest taxpayer, and makes a real difference to people in their daily lives, helping them save for the future, buy a home, invest in a business and protect and manage risk. @TheCityUK.
TheCityUK is committed to equal opportunities for all applicants regardless of race, gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation or gender. We are proud to be a disability confident committed employer and, as such, all disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job as set out in the job description and person specification will be guaranteed an interview. Please advise at application stage or discuss in more detail at firstname.lastname@example.org