Objective of role: To deliver quality research, analysis and insights to inform policy positions, prepare policy recommendations, draft briefings and address member priorities.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Undertake research in areas of priority for members eg sustainability, ESG, data management, technological innovation etc. and produce short papers outlining issues and presenting options for consideration.
- Analyse and provide actionable insights from major reports and government announcements/consultations.
- Provide secretariat support for advisory groups and committees, including coordinating papers, shaping agendas, minutes etc.
- Provide support for work streams of advisory groups and relevant committees, ensuring delivery of research work, managing consultation processes, drafting, timelines, liaison with relevant teams across the office and supporting roll out of project outputs and recommendations.
- Contribute to the preparation of draft submissions, briefings and presentations for members of the Executive Committee and other members of the team where appropriate.
- Undertaking of other duties which may reasonably be requested and are commensurate with the role.
- Contribute to organisational priorities and activities e.g conferences, Diversity & Inclusion projects.
Key Relationships & Interfaces
• International Team
• Public Affairs and Policy Research Team
• CEO’s office
• Executive Committee
• Senior Management Group
• TheCityUK members
• UK Government and public sector representatives
• think tanks
• trade associations
- Excellent writing, research and analytical skills
- Ability to synthesise and generate insights, and present top lines
- Good organisational skills and an excellent eye for detail
- Proactive but also an ability to work under supervision and use own initiative
- Ability to work well in a team and across an organisation
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in the financial and related professional services industry and some familiarity with financial sector terminology
- Committed to the values of the organisation
Values at TheCityUK
These core set of values are essential for effective performance in our company and provides a common purpose as to how we deliver our work on a daily basis.
To find out more about our values and the standards of behaviour, please visit our About us page.
TheCityUK is the industry-led body representing UK-based financial and related professional services. We champion and support the success of the ecosystem, and thereby our members, promoting policies in the UK, across Europe and internationally that drive competitiveness, support job creation and ensure long-term economic growth. The industry contributes over 10% of the UK’s total economic output and employs 2.3 million people, with two thirds of these jobs outside London. It is the largest tax payer, the biggest exporting industry, generates a trade surplus almost equivalent to all other net exporting industries combined. It also makes a real difference to people in their daily lives, helping them save for the future, buy a home, invest in a business and protect and manage risk. @TheCityUK.