Reporting to: Head of Policy
Objective of role: To assist the Head of Policy (HoP) in delivering TheCityUK’s policy programme, in support of TheCityUK’s objective to promote the competitiveness of UK financial and related professional services.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Work with the HoP and members to develop and deliver relevant TheCityUK and International Regulatory Strategy Group (IRSG) policy projects, positions, and outputs, including a focus on technology, innovation, and digitisation of financial and related professional services.
- Provide secretariat support for TheCityUK and IRSG committees as agreed with the HoP, including drafting agenda and papers for committee meetings, organising meetings and speakers, writing the minutes, and ensuring follow up actions are completed.
- Assist the HoP in delivering TheCityUK’s senior stakeholder engagement programme.
- Work with the HoP, corporate communications team, and others on the production of key pieces of collateral. This can involve managing the production process and co-ordinating content from steering groups, interviews, and other sources.
- Provide briefings for senior colleagues in advance of high-level meetings.
- Take notes at meetings and events and arrange follow up actions as required.
- Utilise TheCityUK’s project management framework as appropriate.
- Carry out any other duties as reasonably instructed.
Key Relationships & Interfaces
- TheCityUK’s Executive Team.
- Policy Team
- Economics and Research Team
- Public Affairs Team
- Communications and marketing Team
- Member Insight Team
- International Trade and Investment Team
- Other colleagues as appropriate including secondees, retained agencies and contractors
- Chairs and members of TheCityUK committees and IRSG committees
- The City of London Corporation, with a focus on IRSG projects and secretariat
- Key contacts within member organisations and representatives
- Key industry bodies and individuals
- Government, regulators, and other key stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience of technology and innovation policy or regulation (for example, artificial intelligence or cryptoassets).
- Experience of UK policymaking or regulatory institutions, the policy environment, industry bodies. This may have been gained in a different sector, a public sector body, a company, or a think tank for example.
- Demonstrable experience of drafting policy positions, responding to government and/or regulatory consultations/inquiries.
- Interest in financial markets, products, economics, and public policy.
- Good analytical and writing skills.
- Good influencing and communications skills.
- Ability to network, develop relationships and work with senior individuals across a range of organisations.
- Self-starter, prioritises tasks, well organised, plans ahead and delivers to deadlines, attention to detail, conscientious, takes responsibility and ownership.
- Willingness to travel overseas as required.
- Experience in / understanding of financial markets / policy / regulation, products, financial sector organisations.
- Degree educated in a field relevant to policy, financial services, technology and innovation or law. This can include an apprenticeship degree.
To apply for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, alternately you can apply on LinkedIn here.
Values at TheCityUK
These core set of values are essential for effective performance in our company and provides a common purpose as to how we deliver our work on a daily basis:
To find out more about our values and the standards of behaviour, please visit our About us page.
TheCityUK is the industry-led body representing UK-based financial and related professional services. We champion and support the success of the ecosystem, and thereby our members, promoting policies in the UK, across Europe and internationally that drive competitiveness, support job creation and ensure long-term economic growth. The industry contributes 12% of the UK’s total economic output and employs over 2.2 million people, with two thirds of these jobs outside London. It is UK’s largest net exporting industry and generates a trade surplus exceeding that of all other net exporting industries combined. It is also the largest taxpayer, and makes a real difference to people in their daily lives, helping them save for the future, buy a home, invest in a business and protect and manage risk.@TheCityUK.
TheCityUK is committed to equal opportunities for all applicants regardless of race, gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation or gender. We are proud to be a disability confident committed employer and, as such, all disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job as set out in the job description and person specification will be guaranteed an interview. Please advise at application stage or discuss in more detail at email@example.com