The conference will be an opportunity to discuss how the financial and professional services sector can work with governments and regulators to tackle the big challenges of the future: balancing economic growth and financial stability, reducing barriers to trade, improving regulatory coordination and providing an appropriate framework for building sustainable infrastructure and powering our economy.
Rising to these challenges will necessitate working across borders and between the public and private spheres. To that end we look forward to hearing from senior speakers and panellists drawn from business, government, economics and non-governmental organisations in the UK, Europe and globally.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Sir Winfried Bischoff, Chairman, Lloyds Banking Group
• H.E. Georg Boomgaarden, German Ambassador to the Court of St. James's
• Lord Brittan, Vice Chairman, UBS
• Sir Andrew Cahn, Vice Chairman, Nomura
• Christine Farnish, Chair, Consumer Focus
• Douglas Flint, Group Chairman, HSBC Holdings
• Dame Clara Furse, Non-Executive Director, Nomura Holdings
• Mark Hoban MP, Financial Secretary to the Treasury, HM Treasury
• David Lidington MP, Minister for Europe, Foreign & Commonwealth Office
• Mario Nava, Head of Banking & Financial Conglomerates Unit, DG-Internal Market, European Commission
• Karen Pierce, UK Ambassador to the World Trade Organisation
• Harsha V. Singh, Deputy Director-General, World Trade Organisation
1 Angel Lane,