Key account planning and management
• Meet agreed targets for member retention in the allocated portfolio and implementation of fee structure.
• Meet targets for upselling products and services to the allocated portfolio.
• Ensure timely payment of membership invoices for reporting to TheCityUK CFO and Board of Directors.
• Implement the key account strategy, engaging with key stakeholders across our members.
• Gather information and insight for each of the allocated accounts into key account plans and onto the CRM.
• Build key account plans for agreed accounts to include objectives and milestones for the account.
• As a member of TheCityUK’s Member Insight Team, ensure that account management fulfils the objectives set out in the strategy and business plan.
• Ensure the on-going gathering and communication of insights from key accounts to drive a better understanding their needs.
• Produce regular and clear management reports on the main activity across accounts with an emphasis on the renewal process.
• Wherever possible, ensure that we report the value of engagement to our key accounts.
• Provide briefings as required to Leadership Team and Board members.
• In addition to building relationships within key accounts, develop and manage internal relationships at TheCityUK to ensure the appropriate resource is available for key account activity and all relationships are effectively managed.
• Build relationships with key third parties and stakeholders including members such as trade bodies who can be influential in delivering the commercial and strategic objectives of TheCityUK.
Creating value and business development
• Working with the Member Insight Director, to add value to our proposition by identifying member value and delivering against it.
• To work with the Member Insight Director to identify opportunities to grow the offering through either extending the current activities or considering new business opportunities.
• To support the development of new sponsorship propositions at our set piece events including development, managing and closing of pipeline of opportunities.
• To act in accordance at all times with TheCityUK values: Rigour, Agility, Teamwork, Impact, Respect.
• To be an advocate of the industry and the work of TheCityUK, able to articulate our proposition and benefits for the industry.
• To contribute to and be an advocate of best in class account management practice throughout the business.
• To have a comprehensive and up to date knowledge of TheCityUK’s business and activities.
• Assess workload and priorities to ensure we maintain focus on the priority objectives.
• Undertake any other duties which may reasonably be requested and are commensurate with the post.
• TheCityUK’s CEO and CFO.
• TheCityUK Member Insight Team.
• TheCityUK’s Leadership Team, Senior Management Group and other colleagues.
• Advisory Council members.
• Board of Directors members.
• Chair and members of TheCityUK’s key committees.
• Key contacts within member organisations and representatives.
• Key industry bodies and individuals.
• Other external influencers as appropriate to develop TheCityUK’s commercial proposition.
• Proven expertise in an account management role ideally in financial services and/or trade body organisations.
• Commercial focus – proven experience of growing accounts and identifying new business opportunities.
• CRM experience.
• Good relationship building and interpersonal skills - this role is working within the highest levels of Financial Services.
• A robust and up-to-date understanding of the wider financial services industry including the key issues affecting members’ businesses across market issues, regulation and politics.
• Strong communication and written skills.
• Experience of working in a matrix environment, with developed processes to manage own activity.
TheCityUK is the industry-led body representing UK-based financial and related professional services. In the UK, across Europe and globally, we promote policies that drive competitiveness, support job creation and ensure long-term economic growth. The industry contributes nearly 10% of the UK's total economic output and employs over 2.3 million people, with two-thirds of these jobs outside London. It is the largest tax payer, the biggest exporting industry and generates a trade surplus greater than all other net exporting industries combined.
To apply for this role or for more information please contact us here.