Reporting to (job title): Account Director
Objective of role:
• Effectively manage a portfolio of accounts to secure renewals and to grow the value secured from the accounts.
• Work with the Business Development Director to develop and implement a set of bespoke plans to ensure we maximise engagement from and deliver value to those accounts identified within the portfolio.
• To build relationships at various levels within our accounts with a particular focus on ‘internal’ account managers and senior executives.
• Working with the Business Development Director, to sell Commercial partnerships into the portfolio of accounts.
• To ensure all data and insight is effectively gathered and recorded in the CRM such that colleagues are all fully briefed on the interests and activities of accounts.
• To act as a champion for the portfolio of accounts in TheCityUK and with key stakeholders ensuring the members interests are well represented.
• Establish the profile of TheCityUK as a ‘best in class’ account and relationship management business.
Direct Reports: None
Key account planning and management
Creating value and business development
Key Relationships & Interfaces
• TheCityUK’s CEO and Business Development Director.
• TheCityUK’s leadership team and colleagues.
• Advisory Council members.
• Board of Directors members.
• Chair and members of TheCityUK’s key committees.
• Key contacts within member organisations and representatives.
• Key industry bodies and individuals.
• UKTI, FCO and other Government departments.
• Other external influencers as appropriate to develop TheCityUK’s commercial proposition.
TheCityUK is the industry-led body representing UK-based financial and related professional services. In our 10th anniversary year, we continue to champion and support the success of the ecosystem, and thereby our members, promoting policies in the UK, across Europe and internationally that drive competitiveness, support job creation and ensure long-term economic growth. The industry contributes over 10% of the UK’s total economic output and employs more than 2.3 million people, with two thirds of these jobs outside London. It is the largest tax payer, the biggest exporting industry, generates a trade surplus almost equivalent to all other net exporting industries combined. It also makes a real difference to people in their daily lives, helping them save for the future, buy a home, invest in a business and protect and manage risk. www.thecityuk.com @TheCityUK.