Job title: Executive, Events
Reporting to (job title): Events Manager
Objective of role: To support the Events Manager in the delivery of a first-class events programme for TheCityUK
Key Activities & Responsibilities
Working with the Events Manager to coordinate events across TheCityUK and maintain the working relationships with TheCityUK membership, through the delivery of events including roundtable discussions (breakfasts, lunches and dinners), seminars, stakeholder forums, launch events, conferences, dinners and receptions.
- Lead on a number of TheCityUK events from planning to on the day delivery and provide logistical arrangements with both member hosts and/or external venues to ensure events run smoothly (some flexibility in hours will be required).
- Create and circulate invitations for events, using the automated in-house system (Dotmailer) and Outlook.
- Update TheCityUK Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system of member and non-member delegates for events and maintain a pro-active attitude towards the importance of this key relationship management tool, ensuring accuracy and attention to detail in all areas.
- Help update TheCityUK events app with accurate information on larger events
- Events administration in the lead up to events e.g. (production and collation of event collateral – name badges, agendas etc.) circulation of papers to internal and external contacts.
- Maintain the events programme calendar, including those run by third parties, ensuring all colleagues are kept up to date on activities.
- Point of contact for event participants and responding to events related queries as required for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Deputise for the Events Manager when required and support the development of the Events and Admin Assistant.
Any other ad-hoc duties that maybe required.
Key Relationships & Interfaces
This is a hands-on member facing role. The ideal candidate will be confident working directly with senior stakeholders including TheCityUK’s Directors, Board, TheCityUK’s CEO office, Advisory Council and with key members as well as external suppliers.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced team environment
- Events experience within a professional environment
- Able to effectively prioritise workload and multitask various projects simultaneously
- Ability to quickly establish effective relationships with colleagues and senior individuals across a range of organisations
- Adaptability and reliability with a strong ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Willingness to travel within the UK and work extended hours (including evenings) when required
- Flexible approach to tasks and responsibilities
- Enjoys a challenge
- Calm demeanour with ability to work under pressure
- Higher education such as A Levels and/or relevant experience.
- CRM experience
- Marketing experience, showing an ability to integrate events with other communication channels and ensure a consistent message for events across TheCityUK
- Events coordination experience within Financial Services.
TheCityUK is the industry-led body representing UK-based financial and related professional services. In the UK, across Europe and internationally, we promote policies that drive competitiveness, support job creation and ensure long-term economic growth. The industry contributes over 10% of the UK’s total economic output and employs 2.3 million people, with two thirds of these jobs outside London. It is the largest tax payer, the biggest exporting industry and generates a trade surplus almost equivalent to all other net exporting industries combined.
To apply for this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.