Job title: Marketing Manager
Reporting to (job title): Managing Director, Corporate Communications
Direct Reports: Digital Marketing Executive
This is a busy, multi-faceted marketing role working directly with senior internal colleagues and members. The Marketing Manager will support the development of TheCityUK’s marketing strategy and manage its deployment. This includes member communication: implementing an effective member engagement strategy and developing appropriate and engaging content; managing the representation of TheCityUK brand externally and leading the design and production of collateral and publications and; ensuring the effective implementation of the digital marketing strategy. The role requires close collaboration with the wider corporate communications team and colleagues right across the business and also the line management of the Digital Marketing Executive.
• Support the development of TheCityUK’s marketing programme and lead its implementation, effectively collaborating with the wider corporate communication team and others across the business to ensure an integrated approach.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal stakeholders to ensure effective and timely execution of marketing communication activities.
• Initiate, maintain and develop key relationships with external designers, agencies, freelance support and the City of London Corporation, the major sector trade associations and other relevant industry groups, member counterparts, relevant contacts at key government departments and other relevant external stakeholders.
• Run effective and measurable marketing activities that deliver TheCityUK’s key messages to relevant audiences and meet specific business objectives.
• Manage the design and production of marketing collateral including reports, brochures, fliers, video content, GIFs etc.
• Work closely with colleagues to develop and deliver creative solutions for projects, reports and other marketing-related activities.
• Manage Digital Marketing Executive direct report.
• Responsibility for brand management and its consistent presentation across the organisation and across all channels.
• Ensure the communication of key messages in line with TheCityUK’s brand and in collaboration with colleagues.
• Management of TheCityUK website, ensuring content is relevant, current and consistent and that the CMS is fully functional and properly supported.
• Draft and develop email and newsletter communication and marketing materials for internal stakeholders, working closely with the Managing Director, Corporate Communications and other relevant colleagues.
• Work closely with the PR Manager to contribute to and support the development and implementation of the corporate social media strategy across all appropriate channels, ensuring consistency of brand and accuracy of message.
• Oversee CRM maintenance, providing ongoing support to team members as required.
• Effective and supportive line management of Digital Communications Executive.
• Supports the organisation’s goals and values.
• Senior colleagues across TheCityUK, including the Leadership Team, Senior Management Group and project leads on relevant projects.
• Corporate Communication colleagues, in particular Managing Director, Corporate Communication.
• External suppliers – i.e. Designers, videographers, photographers etc.
• Marketing contacts at member organisations as appropriate counterparts at the major trade bodies (UKF, ABI, AFME, IA), the City of London. Corporation and other relevant industry groups as appropriate.
• Counterparts and other relevant contacts at government departments, i.e. HMT, BEIS, FCO etc.
• Strong marketing experience in-house or agency, preferably in financial and/or related professional services, or a trade / membership body.
• Significant knowledge and practical experience of communications and managing marketing programmes.
• Experience in using social media as an effective tool for communication.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to build and maintain relationships.
• Sound knowledge of customer segmentation analysis methods (i.e. google analytics).
• Self-starter / takes initiative, highly motivated, team player, proactive and shows ability to apply creativity to projects.
• Ability to juggle tasks and manage time effectively.
• Relevant communication qualification – degree level preferable.
TheCityUK is the industry-led body representing UK-based financial and related professional services. In the UK, across Europe and globally, we promote policies that drive competitiveness, support job creation and ensure long-term economic growth. The industry contributes nearly 10% of the UK's total economic output and employs over 2.3 million people, with two-thirds of these jobs outside London. It is the largest tax payer, the biggest exporting industry and generates a trade surplus greater than all other net exporting industries combined.
Click here to download this job description.
To apply for this role or for more information please contact us here.