We work to highlight the strengths and expertise of our members to our ASEAN partners. This allows us to influence policy, identify and increase market opportunities and create networks across the ASEAN region.
Our ASEAN work is closely aligned to that of our Liberalisation of Trade in Services (LOTIS) Committee. Through it we guide the industry’s objectives for trade and investment policy, including priorities for the UK’s bilateral trade and investment relationship with ASEAN markets, post-Brexit.
Key themes we have identified across the region include:
- infrastructure financing
- Islamic finance
- the development of capital markets
- insurance and re-insurance
- green finance.
- An industry report with key recommendations for increasing growth of the region’s capital markets.
- A MAG roundtable with the first UK Ambassador to ASEAN before his departure to the region.
- A roundtable for our members with Capital Markets Malaysia and a wider business delegation on sustainable and responsible investment and the nexus with Islamic finance and asset management, as well as blended finance.
- Assessment for HM Treasury of the principal elements that the industry would wish to be included in a Global Financial Partnership with Singapore.
- Provision of the industry’s priorities to HM Government for the UK’s free trade agreement negotiations with Singapore and Vietnam.
- Delivery of written evidence to the House of Lords International Agreements Sub-Committee on the final text of the UK-Singapore Free Trade Agreement.
- Input to the UK’s trade policy reviews with Indonesia and Thailand.
For more information about our ASEAN work programme please contact us.