We work to highlight the strengths and expertise of our members to our ASEAN partners. This allows us to influence policy, identify and increase market opportunities and create networks across the ASEAN region.
Our ASEAN MAG Chair is Sushil Saluja, Senior Managing Director of Financial Services, Accenture.
Our ASEAN work is closely aligned to that of our Liberalisation of Trade in Services (LOTIS) Committee. Through it we guide the industry’s objectives for trade and investment policy, including priorities for the UK’s bilateral trade and investment relationship with ASEAN markets, post-Brexit.
Our priority markets in the region are Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines. We also engage with additional ASEAN markets when an opportunity arises. Key themes we have identified across the region include:
- infrastructure financing
- Islamic finance
- the development of capital markets
- insurance and re-insurance
- green finance.
Following the launch of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) in 2015, we are also exploring how UK firms can support and benefit from the AEC’s commitment to closer economic integration both globally and within ASEAN.
- A roundtable in Singapore for our members on UK-Singapore asset management and insurance collaboration.
- Supporting the UK-Singapore Financial Dialogue between the two governments, through policy and helping to develop solutions to key bilateral issues.
- Developing recommendations for increasing growth in capital markets.
- Identifying opportunities for our industry in key ASEAN markets.
- Roundtable discussions with the Minister for Digital Economy and the National Assembly of Thailand’s FinTech Committee on growing the FinTech sector in Thailand.
- Increasing engagement between our ASEAN MAG and Ambassadors from key ASEAN markets.
For more information about our ASEAN work programme please contact us.