The term 'TheCityUK' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website, whose registered office is at Fitzwilliam House, 10 St Mary Axe, London, EC3A 8BF. Our company registration number is 07088009, England. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- the content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice;
- neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law;
- your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements;
- this website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions;
- all trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not our property, or licensed to us, are acknowledged on the website;
- unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence;
- from time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s);
- your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
TheCityUK – Terms and Conditions for Events
- These terms and conditions apply between the person, firm, company or other entity you specified in your booking email or form ("you" or "your") and TheCityUK (Company No. 7088009), registered in England and Wales with its registered office at Fitzwilliam House, 10 St Mary Axe, London, EC3A 8BF ("TheCityUK").
- Please read these terms and conditions carefully as they contain important information. By submitting a booking email or form for events, including but not limited to conferences, seminars, workshops and networking events (the "Event") you agree to be bound by these terms. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms, TheCityUK will be unable to accept your request.
- TheCityUK uses [eventbrite.co.uk] ("Eventbrite") for processing payment for its fee paying Events. When applying for tickets for a fee paying event, you will be directed to Eventbrite's ticket buyer form (the "Eventbrite Form") for completion of various registrant details
- Eventbrite's terms of service for purchasers of tickets through their site are to be found at the following webpage: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/support/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/eventbrite-terms-of-service
- By making payment through Eventbrite, you agree to be bound by their terms of service in addition to these terms and conditions.
- Completion of the booking email or form does not amount to acceptance of your booking by TheCityUK. Confirmation of your ability to attend the Event shall be sent by TheCityUK in writing. A binding contract with TheCityUK for the provision of a ticket/tickets for the Event (a "Booking") will only be formed when confirmation of acceptance is sent by TheCityUK to you (whether or not received) using the contact details you provided in your Booking.
- You will pay any fees specified for the Event (the "Fees"). Payment of your Fees must be received in full by TheCityUK via Eventbrite not later than 14 days after confirmation of your Booking is sent by TheCityUK. If payment of your Fees in full is not received before the Event, TheCityUK may (at its sole discretion) either require such payment as a condition of your entry to the Event or refuse you entry to the Event.
- Prices for each Event, where applicable, are correct at the time of publication. TheCityUK reserves the right to change the prices at any time but changes will not affect tickets which have already been confirmed by TheCityUK. You are responsible for your own travel costs and accommodation.
- Prices for each Event are exclusive of amounts in respect of any value added tax.
- You may cancel your Booking in accordance with this Condition 10. You may receive a full refund of your Fees if you cancel your Booking 28 days or more before the Event. If you cancel your Booking less than 28 days before the Event, or if you fail to attend the Event, TheCityUK regrets that the full amount of your Fees remains payable. All cancellations must be sent by email to email@example.com and must be received by TheCityUK. For the avoidance of doubt, telephone cancellations are not accepted. You acknowledge that the refund of your Fees in accordance with Condition 10 is your sole remedy in respect of any cancellation of your Booking by you and all other liability is expressly excluded.
- Substitutions with employees from your organisation are only accepted if notification is received by TheCityUK more than 3 working days before the Event. Bookings are issued for your personal use only and cannot be shared with any other person during the Event. You must email any substitutions to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the date of the Event. For the avoidance of doubt, telephone substitutions are not accepted. You may not purchase Bookings as agent for any third party or sell or otherwise transfer your Booking to others, or exploit the Booking commercially or non-commercially in any way.
- TheCityUK may (at its sole discretion) change the format, speakers, participants, content, venue location and programme or any other aspect of the Event at any time and for any reason, whether or not due to a Force Majeure Event, in each case without liability. For the purpose of these terms and conditions, "Force Majeure Event" means any event arising that is beyond the reasonable control of TheCityUK including (without limitation) speaker or participant cancellation or withdrawal, supplier or contractor failure, venue damage or cancellation, health scares, industrial dispute, governmental regulations or action, military action, fire, flood, disaster, civil riot, acts of terrorism or war.
- TheCityUK may (at its sole discretion) change the date or cancel an Event at any time for any reason. Where TheCityUK changes the date or cancels the Event for any reason except due to a Force Majeure Event (in which case the terms of Condition 14 shall apply) TheCityUK shall offer you the option of attending any rearranged Event that TheCityUK chooses to organise (acting in its sole discretion). If you promptly notify TheCityUK in writing before the date of the Event that you do not wish to attend the rearranged Event or if TheCityUK elects not to rearrange the Event then you will be entitled to a refund of your Fees received by TheCityUK.
- Where a Force Majeure Event has or may have (in TheCityUK's sole discretion) an adverse impact on: (i) the ability of TheCityUK to hold the Event at the planned venue or on the planned date; or (ii) the Event generally, then TheCityUK shall be entitled but not obliged (in its sole discretion) to either: (i) provide alternative facilities or venue for the Event; and/or (ii) reschedule the Event. Any of your Fees received by TheCityUK shall be applied to any rearranged or rescheduled Event held pursuant to this Condition 14 and you shall not be entitled to object to such rearranged or rescheduled Event or have any right to claim any compensation in respect thereof. If TheCityUK is unable or elects not to rearrange or reschedule the Event pursuant to this Condition 14, then you will (as your sole remedy) be entitled to receive a refund in respect of your Fees received by TheCityUK. These terms and conditions shall apply in respect of any rearranged or rescheduled Event organised by TheCityUK pursuant to this Condition 14.
- To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, TheCityUK shall not be liable to you for any loss, delay, damage or other liability incurred resulting from or arising in connection with the cancellation or date change of the Event howsoever arising or any venue change. You acknowledge and agree that the provisions of conditions 13 and 14 set out your sole remedy should the Event date be changed or cancelled and all other liability of TheCityUK is expressly excluded.
- TheCityUK may (at its sole discretion) refuse admission to, or eject from the Event, any person in its absolute discretion, including (without limitation) any person who fails to comply with these terms and conditions or who in the opinion of TheCityUK represents a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Event. You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions issued by TheCityUK or the venue owners at the Event.
- All unauthorised photography and the recording or transmitting of audio or visual material is expressly prohibited. You consent to filming and sound recording and photography of the Event as a delegate and you consent to the use by TheCityUK of any such recording or photography for promotional, marketing and other purposes.
- To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, TheCityUK excludes: (a) all liability for loss, injury or damage to persons or property at the Event; (b) all indemnities, warranties, representations, terms and conditions (whether express or implied); and (c) any actual or alleged indirect loss or consequential loss howsoever arising suffered by you or any loss of profits, anticipated profits, savings, loss of business revenue, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, or any other type of economic loss (whether direct or indirect). TheCityUK's total liability to you in relation to the Event (whether under these terms or conditions or otherwise) is limited to the amount of your Fees received by TheCityUK.
- If, by reason of any Force Majeure Event, TheCityUK is delayed in or prevented from performing any of its obligations under this Agreement, then such delay or non-performance shall not be deemed to be a breach of this Agreement and no loss or damage shall be claimed by you by reason thereof. TheCityUK's obligations shall be suspended during the period of the delay or non-performance and TheCityUK and you shall each use reasonable endeavours to mitigate the effect of the Force Majeure Event. The provisions of this Condition 20 are subject to the provision of Condition 14.
- TheCityUK reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. However, you will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time you submit the Booking.
- No person other than you and TheCityUK shall have the right (whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise) to enforce these terms and conditions between us without the prior written agreement of you and TheCityUK.
- This Agreement is governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Nothing in this Condition 23 shall prevent or restrict TheCityUK from pursuing any action against you in any court of competent jurisdiction.