We bring together senior practitioners from across the UK based financial and related professional services industry to influence and provide strategic insight, guidance and support to policymakers as they look to strengthen the bilateral trade and investment relationship between both countries.
Our Japan MAG is chaired by Sir David Wright, senior advisor at Barclays, former UK ambassador to Japan, and the first Chief Executive of UK Trade and Investment.
- Engaging Japanese industry representatives and policymakers to explore issues of mutual interest and opportunities for collaboration.
- Working towards a new and ambitious trade and investment agreement for financial and related professional services between the UK and Japan post-Brexit.
- Working closely with TheCityUK’s Liberalisation of Trade in Services (LOTIS) Committee on the industry’s objectives for trade and investment policy more broadly.
- Roundtable with the British Ambassador to Japan.
- Visit by our Head of Asia Pacific to Japan.
For more details about the work of our Japan MAG, please contact us.