Global trends in Islamic finance and the UK market 2019
The report 'Global trends in Islamic finance and the UK market 2019' by TheCityUK, supported by inte...
We meet quarterly, and additionally as required, to discuss developments in Islamic finance in the UK-based and global financial markets. We regularly engage with government and visiting delegations. We support overseas visits by the Prime Minister, government ministers and the Lord Mayor of the City of London by providing briefings when Islamic finance is on the agenda.
Our group members are drawn from our wider membership including; conventional and Islamic banks, financial intermediaries, law firms, accountants, consultancies, exchanges, ETQ providers and rating agencies.
- Provide thought leadership on the direction of policy and activity relating to members’ interests in Islamic finance.
- Engage with the UK government to promote and develop the sector as part of its trade and industry activities.
- Advise the UK government on international and domestic issues relating to the Islamic Finance sector.
- Encourage the use of Islamic finance for inward investment, project finance etc.
- Develop and extend relations with the UK and international decision-makers, regulators and economic and business stakeholders..
- Advising HM Treasury on industry requirements for the issuance of a second Sovereign sukuk.
- Advising HM Treasury, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the Department for International Trade on the use of Islamic finance products.
- Meetings with Regulators, Central Banks and Exchanges from Malaysia, Uzbekistan and Turkey to discuss issues of mutual interest and business.
- Project with Borsa İstanbul to develop partnerships in Islamic FinTech, with recommendations on funding, regulation and training.
- Assisting the UK Islamic Finance FinTech Panel with the growth and promotion of the sector.
For more information about the work of the Islamic Finance Sectoral Advisory Group please contact us.