Our Capital Markets Group focuses on ensuring the long-term competitiveness of the UK’s public equity markets.
Members are experts from across the capital markets and listing ecosystem and interested parties, with senior practitioners from the buy side, sell side, intermediaries, and industry bodies. The group brings together these voices to reflect the cross-industry nature of the financial and related professional services industry’s role in this ecosystem.
Priorities of the Capital Markets Group:
- Convening key industry participants to provide strategic insights and direction on how the UK capital markets can be enhanced and made more attractive and competitive, noting the need to prioritise work to address equity capital markets.
- Identifying political, policy and regulatory wins that can support the ambitions of the group.
- Advising and supporting wider TheCityUK activity to influence the policy and regulatory environment, the media environment, market participants, and to drive action on effective solutions.
- Ensuring that diverse cross-industry perspectives are reflected in the group’s outputs, and TheCityUK policy positions, outputs, and advocacy activities.
- Producing supporting policy collateral to strengthen the policy case for reform.
For more information about the work of the Capital Markets Group please contact us.