Our Eurasia, Middle East and Africa Market Advisory Group (MAG) provides thought-leadership and set the strategic direction of UK-based financial and related professional services firms’ engagement in the regions.
We bring together senior practitioners from across the UK-based financial and related professional services industry to advice and provide insight on issues of greatest priority to the industry, and to support and develop policies that enhance trade and investment between the UK and emerging markets in Eurasia, Middle East and Africa.
Our Eurasia, Middle East and Africa MAG is chaired by Ayuna Nechaeva, Head of Europe, Primary Markets at London Stock Exchange Group.
Priorities of the Eurasia, Middle East and Africa MAG:
- engaging industry representatives and policymakers to explore issues of mutual interest and opportunities for collaboration
- progressing key bilateral engagement in areas such as capital market development, corporate governance, sustainable finance, FinTech and regulatory cooperation
- partnering with countries in the region to develop an open and well-regulated financial services sector, consistent with international best practices
- provision of the industry’s priorities to HM Government for the UK’s Free Trade Agreement negotiations with the GCC and Israel
- supporting the annual UK-Kazakhstan Intergovernmental Commission and Co-chair the UK-Kazakhstan financial services working group
- supporting the UK-Nigeria Economic Development Forum and Co-chair the financial services working group
- working with UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office and the Department of Business and Trade on a range of development projects in Eurasia and Africa. We have managed several UK Government funded projects focussed on promoting good regulatory practice, corporate governance and financial inclusion. We have delivered these projects working with our members and senior industry stakeholders and officials in key markets.
For more information about our Eurasia, Middle East and Africa work programme please contact us.