Our Switzerland Market Advisory Group (MAG) sets and influences the strategic direction of policy for the UK-based financial related professional services industry in this important market.
We look to identify mutually beneficial business opportunities for the UK and Switzerland. Our high-level industry group provides strategic insight, guidance and support to policymakers as they strengthen the trade and investment relationship between both countries. We also bring together senior practitioners from across the UK-based financial and related professional services industry to engage with Swiss industry counterparts.
Priorities of the Switzerland Market Advisory Group:
- support Government in delivering a trailblazing mutual recognition agreement for the financial services sector (encompassing capital markets, banking, asset management and insurance)
- engage Swiss industry representatives and policymakers to explore issues of mutual interest and opportunities for collaboration including:
- mobility issues
- data provisions
- mutual recognition of professional qualifications
- encourage close coordination between the UK and Swiss authorities in international standard setting forum to help deliver the best possible outcomes for our industry
- focus on building and sustaining relationships with UK government departments including:
- HM Treasury
- the Department for International Trade
- the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
We also work with UK regulators to understand their priorities and activities in Switzerland and to identify opportunities to work with the Swiss industry and authorities. Our senior staff and members make regular visits to Switzerland to discuss our industry’s interests and policy priorities and engage with Swiss industry and Government.
For more information about the work of our Switzerland MAG please contact us.