Reporting to (job title): Head, International Development
Objective of role:
- To support the effective implementation of project delivery activities across our portfolio, assisting in project coordination. The post holder will work closely with project team, members, and technical experts to ensure projects maximise their positive impact.
- To support opportunity generation efforts, including pipeline management and research. The post holder will work closely with Head, International Development to generate international development projects.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
Project Management Support:
- Provide support for the delivery of projects, ensuring projects are delivered on time, within budget and scope, and comply with the client contract. This might include organising meetings, taking minutes, preparing agendas and drafting papers.
- Support the development of workplans, log frames, etc., including change requests, ensuring that approvals are formally recorded.
- Engage and communicate with a range of project stakeholders and members.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with delivery members/ partners and the internal team(s)and build solid understanding of delivery needs and timelines across projects.
- Support duty of care and travel planning for the project.
- Lead knowledge and lessons learned sharing and disseminate project activities internally and externally, including generating monthly updates.
Opportunity Generation Support:
- Provide support in strengthening policies, procedures, and management tools for project implementation.
- Oversee day-to-day management of the international development pipeline. Work with the Head, International Development and geographical Heads to Support identification and monitoring of future opportunities.
- Oversee a portfolio of donors, keep a track of their strategic and funding priorities and opportunities for engagement, and feed these into country resource mobilisation plans.
- Collate and share project information to support project generation activities and communications department.
- Keep up to date with relevant policy developments and provide analysis of the implications for TheCityUK’s international development work.
- Work with the Head, International Development, Corporate Communications team, and others on the production of key pieces of collateral. This can involve drafting responses to government consultations and parliamentary inquiries, knowledge sharing, etc.
- Ensure that TheCityUK’s international development activity is aligned with all other organisational priorities including TheCityUK’s international strategy and wider policy and public affairs objectives.
- Ensure that TheCityUK’s international development activity is aligned with our membership agenda.
- Work closely with geographical executives/heads and project colleagues to engage with and cultivate stakeholder relationships in allocated countries.
- Understand how TheCityUK can add value to the HMG’s agenda for developing and strategic markets.
- Partner with key industry stakeholders including trade associations, promotional bodies, business councils, chambers of commerce and other commercial organisations (both domestic and international) to deliver agreed outcomes.
- Provide briefings for colleagues and members ahead of major delegations and events relating to development projects.
- Promote the best interests of TheCityUK and its members at all times.
- Work with the Member Insight and Communications and Marketing teams to identify relevant members and organise events/communicate project activities and impact.
- Support the organisation’s goals and values.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of TheCityUK services to its members and clients.
- Any other duties commensurate to the role, as requested by the Head, International Development.
Key Relationships & Interfaces
- TheCityUK leadership team
- Colleagues in TheCityUK
- Senior stakeholders in member firms
- HMG (FCDO, DBT, BII, HMT)
- Key financial and related professional services stakeholders in Ukraine
- Project Stakeholders
- Senior stakeholders in Ukrainian firms
- Other international bi- and multi-lateral donor organisations
- Diplomatic missions in London, Ukraine, Europe, and US
- Other promotional bodies and CoLC
- Passion for international development and project management.
- Highly organised and focused self-starter who can further a policy and advocacy agenda, prioritise tasks, and pay attention to detail when executing them.
- Understanding of and interest in financial services, trade and investment, and public policy both internationally and in the UK.
- Project management skills to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Experience in delivering projects in private sector development, economic growth, and financial services industry.
- Understanding of project implementation requirements and specifications.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise workflow to tight timeframes, handle multiple tasksand be flexible with changing priorities.
- Proven ability to resolve problems, anticipate barriers and create practical solutions.
- Demonstrated attention to detail ensuring quality standards and value for money are maintained.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Strong verbal communications skills to be able to communicate persuasively.
- Ability to travel internationally when required.
- An understanding of membership and/or trade organisations.
- Commercial outlook and ability to deliver value-added outcomes for members and donors.
- High IT proficiency (Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), SharePoint, etc.).
- Experience working in diverse cultural environments.
- Experience working for a membership and/or trade organisation and engaging with a broadrange of interlocutors across government, industry, civil society, press and academia.
To apply for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, alternately you can apply on LinkedIn here.
Values at TheCityUK
These core set of values are essential for effective performance in our company and provides a common purpose as to how we deliver our work on a daily basis:
To find out more about our values and the standards of behaviour, please visit our webpage www.thecityuk.com
TheCityUK is the industry-led body representing UK-based financial and related professional services. We champion and support the success of the ecosystem, and thereby our members, promoting policies in the UK, across Europe and internationally that drive competitiveness, support job creation and enable long-term economic growth. The industry contributes over 12% of the UK’s total economic output and employs nearly 2.5 million people, with two thirds of these jobs outside London, across the country’s regions and nations. It is the UK’s largest net exporting industry and generates a trade surplus exceeding that of all other net exporting industries combined. It is also the largest taxpayer and makes a real difference to people in their daily lives, helping them save for the future, buy a home, invest in a business and protect and manage risk.
TheCityUK is committed to equal opportunities for all applicants regardless of race, gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation or gender.
We are proud to be a disability confident committed employer and, as such, all disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job as set out in the job description and person specification will be guaranteed an interview. Please advise at application stage or discuss in more detail at email@example.com