TheCityUK today held the first meeting of its new Next Generation Leadership Council which brings together 23 high-potential future leaders from across the financial and related professional services industry.
The Next Generation Leadership Council, chaired by Sir Adrian Montague, TheCityUK Leadership Council Chairman, has been formed to challenge thinking and provide fresh perspectives and insights from a diverse group of potential future leaders.
The new Council will develop its own programme of activity focused around some of the big strategic issues facing the industry, and will also shadow TheCityUK Leadership Council, the UK’s premier assembly of leaders from across the financial and related professional services industry .
Sir Adrian Montague, TheCityUK Leadership Council and Next Generation Leadership Council Chairman, said,
The most important asset our industry has is our people. Developing and nurturing that huge diversity of talent is essential for us to meet the needs of our customers and ensure the industry’s future success. Through the Next Generation Leadership Council, we have brought together a talented and diverse group of individuals who have been identified by their firms as potential future leaders. I am excited about the fresh perspectives, ideas and constructive challenge they will bring to our work on behalf of the industry and also for our role in supporting their career development.”
Members of the first cohort of TheCityUK Next Generation Leadership Council were nominated by members of TheCityUK Leadership Council and assessed and appointed by a nominations committee of senior practitioners.
Next Generation Leadership Council 2020 Cohort:
- Mary Alade, Chief Strategy Officer to the Global Chairman, Aon Reinsurance Solutions
- Mark Bartley, Head of UK Distribution Management, Invesco
- Shilpa Bhandarkar, CEO, Linklaters > Nakhoda
- Elodie Blanc, EMEA Deputy Head and Chief Operating Officer, IB Capital Markets and IB Advisory, Credit Suisse
- Noeleen Cowley, Partner, Head of Risk & Regulatory Driven Transformation practice and Financial Services Consulting Lead for ESG, KPMG
- Tasnim Ghiawadwala, Head of UK Corporate Banking, Barclays
- Lucinda Hedley, Partner, UK Head of Strategy for Financial Services, Deloitte
- Pav Khela, Head of the Platform Partner Team, Fidelity International
- Gavin Lewis, Managing Director, Head of Local Government Pension Scheme, BlackRock
- Jon Marsh, Strategy & Portfolio Director, Aviva General Insurance
- Nael Masud, Director, BofA Securities
- Joe McHale, Head of European Government and Regulatory Affairs, Bloomberg
- Celia Murray, Head of UK M&A, JP Morgan
- James O’Donnell, Partner, DLA Piper UK LLP
- Abimbola Oladipo, Senior Strategy Associate, Information Services Division, London Stock Exchange Group
- Melissa Paterson, Managing Director, Senior Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas
- Emma Rachmaninov, Partner in the Financial Services practice, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
- Anna Richardson Brown, Managing Director, UK Investment Banking, UBS
- Olivia Shipton, Project Leader in the Financial Institutions practice area, Boston Consulting Group
- Mirra Sondhi, Global Head of Technology Risk, Schroders
- Hayley Spink, Head of Global Operations, Lloyd’s of London
- Ellie Teo, Senior Associate in Financial Regulation, Shearman & Sterling
- Cara Wood, Associate, Financial Services, Odgers Berndtson