Watch our latest webinar giving an update from TheCityUK Recapitalisation Group (RCG) on the project that has involved over 200 financial experts from 50 firms across the financial and related professional services industry and many industry stakeholders. It also includes a presentation on the revised estimates from the RCG on the levels of unsustainable debt faced by UK SMEs.
These updated projections, published in ‘The demand for recapitalisation: updated estimates of UK unsustainable debt', supported by EY, are driven by a more positive outlook for the economy – due in part to government stimulus – but the recapitalisation of UK SMEs remains a huge challenge, and drag on the long-term return to economic growth.
The webinar, recorded live on 15 September 2020, features a presentation by Omar Ali, Managing Partner for Financial Services at EY, and a panel discussion on the recapitalisation challenge.
The webinar agenda
- Report presentation: Omar Ali, Managing Partner for Financial Services at EY
- Panel Session:
- Sir Adrian Montague, Chairman of Leadership Council, TheCityUK (chair)
- Bim Afolami MP, Member of Parliament for Hitchin and Harpenden and Chair of the APPG on Financial Markets and Services
- Omar Ali, Managing Partner for Financial Services at EY
- Charlotte Crosswell, Chief Executive officer, Innovate Finance
- Miles Celic, Chief Executive Officer, TheCityUK