China’s flagship initiative and its implications for the global economy
In the lead-up to the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China in autumn 2017, the inaugural Chatham House Belt and Road conference will analyse the evolving framework of China’s flagship initiative. It will examine the political and strategic considerations for its future, implications for countries in its intended sphere, and the role of governments, international institutions, developers and investors in realizing its potential.
Confirmed speakers include:
- The Rt Hon Greg Hands MP, Minister of State for Trade and Investment and Minister for London, Department For International Trade
- Lord Jim O’Neill, Chairman, City Growth Commission, and Commercial Secretary to the Treasury (2015 -16)
- Alison Hoare, Senior Research Fellow, Energy, Environment and Resources, Chatham House
- Dr Huw McKay, Vice President, Market Analysis & Economics, BHP
- Jonathan Hillman, Fellow and Director of the Reconnecting Asia Project, Center for Strategic and International Studies.
TheCityUK members can take advantage of a 25% discount on this conference by emailing Charlotte Laycock and quoting ‘TheCityUK B&R’. This discount is on the prevailing conference rate on the Chatham House website, where you can also find further information about the event.
Chatham House, 10 St James's Square, St. James's, London SW1Y 4LE