TheCityUK invite's you to an event in Leeds which will showcase the financial services industry across the Yorkshire region. This event, supported by the UK Trade & Investment and hosted by TD Direct Investing, forms part of UKTI’s Financial Centres of Excellence initiative. This initiative aims to improve the way in which the UK’s financial services capabilities are promoted by industry and government with the objective of attracting new investment in the UK and retaining investment already here.
A keynote speech will be delivered by James Wharton MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State in the Department for Communities and Local Government with responsibility for the Northern Powerhouse, who will tell us more about government policy relating to the region and how plans to develop the Northern Powerhouse are being taken forward.
This will be followed by guest speakers including:
• Roger Marsh OBE, Chair of Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership,
• David Kane, Operations Sector Lead at UKTI,
• Giles Searby, Partner, hlw Keeble Hawson LLP and Chair of the Sheffield City Region LEP’s Sector Group for Business, Professional & Financial Services,
• John Tracey, Senior Vice President of TD Bank Group and Head of TD Wealth International
• Dan Torjussen-Proctor, Commercial and Marketing Director, TheCityUK.
Leeds and Sheffield City Region Enterprise Partnerships and UK Trade and Investment have been working on establishing the Yorkshire Region as a Centre of Excellence for the Financial Services sector. Contributing over £14.06bn to the economy, the Financial Services sector is of significant importance to both the region and the UK.
We welcome your attendance or that of your colleagues, and are particularly keen to welcome those whose businesses might be looking to expand into the Yorkshire region.
Please contact Ben Ormsby. if you would like to attend.
TD Direct Investing Exchange Court, Duncombe Street, Leeds. LS1 4AX