This year’s conference will focus on the role of UK financial and related professional services in securing future growth.
Through a series of keynote speeches and panel discussions, the conference will explore the emerging opportunities and challenges for the UK as a leading global financial centre and allow for a timely discussion of the UK’s current and projected competitiveness over the next decade.
This event will be an opportunity for you to engage in a debate alongside more than 250 senior attendees including key politicians, government officials and regulators, industry leaders in financial and related professional services, academics and the media.
Keynote speeches from senior industry leaders and policymakers including:
Introductory address: John McFarlane, Chairman, TheCityUK
Keynote address: Harriett Baldwin MP, Economic Secretary to the Treasury
Securing the future growth of UK financial and professional services: Chris Cummings, Chief Executive, TheCityUK; Brian Ledbetter, Senior Partner, London Office, McKinsey & Company
Global regulation in the post crisis era: John Griffith-Jones, Chairman, Financial Conduct Authority
The UK’s competitive position as an international financial centre
- Chair – Christian May, Editor, City A.M.
- Douglas Flint, Group Chairman, HSBC Holdings plc
- David Sproul, Senior Partner and Chief Executive, Deloitte
- Clare Woodman, Global Chief Operating Officer for Institutional Securities, Morgan Stanley
- Baroness Bowles of Berkhamsted, Former Chair of ECON Committee, European Parliament
Future opportunities for UK financial and related professional services
- Chair – Anthony Hilton, Evening Standard
- Eileen Burbidge, HM Treasury Special Envoy for FinTech
- Mark Hoban, Chairman, IRSG
- Dr Andrew Sentance, Senior Economic Adviser, PwC
- David Craig, President, Financial & Risk, Thomson Reuters
Nomura, 1 Angel Lane, London, EC4R 3AB