TheCityUK’s fringe event at SNP Conference will focus on global talent: immigration and skills after Brexit.
The discussions will draw on the recently published report The UK's future immigration system and access to talent by TheCityUK and EY, and explore how industry can work with the Scottish Government, SNP and education providers to ensure a sustainable pipeline of home-grown talent.
With government expected to publish its White Paper on immigration in the autumn, the discussions will be timely and provide a first insight into the SNP’ approach to immigration and skills post-Brexit.
• William Roe CBE, Trustee, British Council Scotland (chair)
• John Swinney MSP, Deputy First Minister and Cabinet Secretary for Education and Skills
• Stuart McDonald MP, SNP Spokesperson for Immigration
• Anthony Thompson, Head of Corporate Affairs, CYBG and Chair, UK Strategy Group, TheCityUK
• Joanna Cherry QC MP, Member, Exiting the EU Select Committee and SNP Spokesperson for Home Affairs