Join us for the launch of the TheCityUK Crypto report.
The UK has a history of fostering a forward-looking digital economy within financial services and payments. A nascent area of technology transforming financial services involves cryptoassets and their underlying distributed ledger technology. This market is served by a wide range of participants of all sizes. As a result of the growing popularity of cryptoassets, jurisdictions across the world, including the UK, are considering how to regulate this new and exciting area of technology.
The event will cover the issues surrounding the existing categories of cryptoassets, how they are categorised in the UK, key policy issues to consider, and a suggested regulatory approach. We will provide an overview of our new report, followed by a panel discussion.
Confirmed panellists include:
- Andy Silvester, Managing Editor, CityAM (Chair)
- Diego Ballon-Ossio, Senior Associate, Financial Services, Clifford Chance
- Matthew Gravelle, Director, Group Public and Regulatory Affairs, Standard Chartered Bank
- Steven Kok, Associate Director, Digital, Boston Consulting Group
- Dr Karin Lorez, Founder Lorez Legal and Chair, The Crypto Valley Association Regulatory Working Group
A secure link will be sent after registration.