This report focuses on how creating shared platforms can help financial services firms to capitalise on FinTech developments and share the increasing burden of non-competitive regulatory activities.
Prepared in collaboration with Deloitte, this work was mentioned by the Chancellor earlier this year when he launched HM Treasury’s FinTech Sector Strategy and is sponsored by Nathan Bostock, CEO, Santander.
The event will include a panel session with leading practitioners and FinTechs as well as representatives from HM Treasury and the Financial Conduct Authority who will discuss the report's findings and next steps. The speaker line up includes:
- Nathan Bostock, CEO, Santander
- Louise Brett, Partner and FinTech leader Deloitte North West Europe, Deloitte
- Anna Wallace, Innovate Head of Department, FCA
- Brian Fulthorpe, Partner, Deloitte
- Andre Duminy, Partner, Clifford Chance LLP
- Laura Mountford, Head of Competition in Banking Services, HM Treasury
- Marcus Scott, COO, TheCityUK
The report sets out how a range of functions, in particular KYC and regulatory reporting, could be overhauled creating economies of scale, benefits for businesses and consumers.
2 New Street Square,