Job title: Government and Strategic Relations Executive.
Reporting to (job title): Chief Operating Officer (COO).
Context for role
TheCityUK is the industry-led body representing UK-based financial and related professional services. In the UK, across Europe and internationally we promote policies that drive competitiveness and ensure long-term economic growth. The Government and Strategic Relations Executive will support the COO to deliver a broad programme of activity, developing new initiatives, working collaboratively with teams across the business, supporting new business development and ensuring consistency and quality of engagement. This role will also work closely with the COO across a number of policy areas which address key strategic areas such as Cyber, FinTech, the skills and talent agenda and advocacy work across key projects.
Objectives of role include:
- Supporting the development and delivery of key strategic projects.
- Cross-organisational collaboration to ensure projects are well-communicated and coordinated and all stakeholders are appropriately engaged.
- Assisting with the development of communicating strategy and programmes to TheCityUK’s board and members.
- Ensuring that resources are adequately planned for delivery of these projects.
• Engage with COO and members of the Leadership and Senior Management Teams to develop and implement the strategy for TheCityUK.
• Devise and implement strategic engagement programmes across a number of key areas for TheCityUK and its membership.
• Develop measures to track delivery of the agreed strategy within budget and to time.
• Help to ensure the strategy is appropriately reflected in TheCityUK’s whole programme on Policy, International Promotion, events & visits programme, communications strategy, research and membership proposition.
• Develop workable implementation plans, communicate change effectively and build commitment overcoming resistance.
• Undertake any other duties which may reasonably be requested and are commensurate with the post.
• Responsibility for Advisory Council, Brexit Senior Steering Committee and Annual Dinner external speaker invitations and liaison as required.
• TheCityUK’s CEO and COO.
• TheCityUK’s leadership team and colleagues.
• Delivery team.
• TheCityUK’s membership.
• City of London Corporation – Economic Development Office (EDO)/Press Office.
• Key industry bodies and individuals.
• Other external influencers as appropriate.
• Leadership experience in professional services firm or membership organisation.
• Proactive and creative approach to problem solving.
• Strong process and project management experience and skills.
• Educated to degree level/or equivalent experience.
TheCityUK is the industry-led body representing UK-based financial and related professional services. In the UK, across Europe and internationally, we promote policies that drive competitiveness, support job creation and ensure long-term economic growth. The industry contributes over 10% of the UK’s total economic output and employs 2.3 million people, with two thirds of these jobs outside London. It is the largest tax payer, the biggest exporting industry and generates a trade surplus almost equivalent to all other net exporting industries combined.
Please apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.