Job title: Senior Executive, Policy
Reporting to (job title): Head of Policy
Objective of role: To assist the Head of Policy (HoP) in delivering TheCityUK’s policy programme, in support of TheCityUK’s objective to promote the competitiveness of UK financial and related professional services.
• TheCityUK’s Leadership Team
• Economics and Research
• Public Affairs team
• Member Insight team
• International Team
• Other colleagues as appropriate including secondees, retained agencies and contractors.
• Chairs and members of key TheCityUK committees
• CoLC, with a focus on IRSG projects and secretariat
• Key contacts within member organisations and representatives
• Key industry bodies and individuals.
• Degree educated in a relevant field to financial and related professional services (e.g. finance, economics, law, etc.) would be an advantage.
• Understanding of and interest in financial markets, products, economics and public policy.
• Experience of UK policymaking institutions, key industry bodies, think tanks and financial sector organisations.
• Demonstrable experience of drafting policy positions, responding to government and/or regulatory consultations/inquiries.
• Good analytical and report writing skills.
• Good influencing and communications skills.
• Ability to network, develop relationships and work with senior individuals across a range of organisations.
• Willingness to travel overseas as required.
• Self-starter, prioritises tasks, attention to detail, conscientious, takes responsibility and ownership.
These core set of values are essential for effective performance in our company and provides a common purpose as to how we deliver our work on a daily basis:
To find out more about our values and the standards of behaviour, please visit our About us page.
TheCityUK is the industry-led body representing UK-based financial and related professional services. In our 10th anniversary year, we continue to champion and support the success of the ecosystem, and thereby our members, promoting policies in the UK, across Europe and internationally that drive competitiveness, support job creation and ensure long-term economic growth. The industry contributes over 10% of the UK’s total economic output and employs more than 2.3 million people, with two thirds of these jobs outside London. It is the largest tax payer, the biggest exporting industry, generates a trade surplus almost equivalent to all other net exporting industries combined. It also makes a real difference to people in their daily lives, helping them save for the future, buy a home, invest in a business and protect and manage risk. www.thecityuk.com @TheCityUK.
Closed for new applications.