TheCityUK has today issued its key priorities for the UK-based financial and related professional services industry in the forthcoming Brexit negotiations – all issues which need to be addressed in order to achieve the best possible deal for both the UK and EU27.
The industry is engaging with the Government and policymakers to help deliver a smooth and orderly Brexit. It is critical that the UK maintains its global competitiveness following its exit from the EU and remains an attractive place to do business.
The priorities addressed in TheCityUK’s paper include:
- Clear and upfront transitional arrangements
- Access to domestic, EU and global talent
- Market access
- Issues effecting marketing and dealing
- Product standards
- Market infrastructure and regulatory frameworks
- Ensuring legal continuity