The UK Financial Services Beyond BREXIT Summit, the 5th in this well-established series on the impact of BREXIT on the financial services industry, is being held on the 10th October in central London. Hosted by City & Financial Global, this event will bring together experts of the industry
The objective of this summit, which is being held shortly before the UK is due to leave the EU on 31st October, either with or without a deal, is to look beyond BREXIT and examine the opportunities that lie ahead for the City and the wider FS industry. In addition to keynotes from the government and the FCA, the key themes in the programme include:
- Helping the City to maintain its pre-eminence as a global financial centre – the government perspective.
- The future of financial regulation in the UK.
- The future of finance – data-driven, low-carbon and global.
- Ensuring the success of the City and the UK financial services industry in the new era.
- Towards a new model for UK financial services regulation.
- Maintaining access to European markets.
- The UK government’s new immigration policy – impact on talent retention and hiring in financial services.
- Data Protection and Brexit: managing the transition.
- Brexit -related contractual and litigation issues.
- Prospects for international trade deals with a strong financial services component.
- Future Trade and Investment in Financial Services.
- China-UK trade in financial services: the potential for the future.
Confirmed Speakers to date include:
- John Glen MP, Economic Secretary to the Treasury and City Minister
- Nausicaa Delfas, Executive Director of International, and Member of the Executive Committee, Financial Conduct Authority
- Graham Stuart MP, Minister for Investment, Department for International Trade
- H.E. Liu Xiaoming, Chinese Ambassador to the United Kingdom, Embassy of the People's Republic of China in the UK
- Nicolas Aubert, Head of Great Britain, Willis Towers Watson
- James Bardrick, UK Country Officer, Citi
- Anthony Belchambers, Chairman, Saxo Capital Markets and NED, Westpac, Europe
- Miles Celic, Chief Executive Officer, TheCityUK
- Jim Cielinski, Global Head of Fixed Income, Janus Henderson Investors
- Seema Farazi, Lead Partner for Immigration, EY
- Flora Hamilton, Director, Financial Services, CBI
- Jonathan Herbst, Partner and Global Head of Financial Services, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Conor Lawlor, Director, International & Brexit Policy, UK Finance
- Catherine McGuinness, Chair, Policy and Resources, City of London Corporation
- Barnabas Reynolds, Partner, Head of Financial Institutions Advisory & Financial Regulatory Group, Shearman & Sterling
- Dr Rhian-Mari Thomas, Chief Executive, Green Finance Initiative
- Jon Whitehouse, Managing Director, Group Head of Government Relations, Barclays
Register on the City & Financial website.
Standard Delegate Fee: £645 + VAT
TheCityUK members discounted Fee: £451.50 + VAT
TheCityUK members discount code: BREX15TCUK
London venue to be confirmed