TheCityUK’s fringe event at Labour Party Conference will focus on global talent: immigration and skills after Brexit.
The discussions will draw on the recently published report The UK's future immigration system and access to talent by TheCityUK and EY, and explore how the financial and related professional services industry can work with Government and education providers to ensure a sustainable pipeline of home-grown talent.
With government expected to publish its White Paper on immigration in the autumn, the discussions will be timely and provide a first insight into the current and future requirements of the financial and related professional services industry and the Labour approach to immigration and skills post-Brexit.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Fabian Society (chair)
• Jonathan Reynolds MP, Shadow Economic Secretary to the Treasury
• Rt Hon Yvette Cooper, Chair, Home Affairs Select Committee
• Wes Streeting MP, Member, Treasury Select Committee
• Miles Celic, Chief Executive Officer, TheCityUK
• Margaret Burton, Partner, Global Immigration, People Advisory Services, EY LLP
Merseyside Maritime Museum,
(outside the secure zone)