TheCityUK 'Exporting from across Britain - financial and related professional services' report analyses new Office for National Statistics (ONS) data and follows on from TheCityUK’s regional report series.
• Marcus Scott, Chief Operating Officer, TheCityUK (Chair)
• Anjalika Bardalai, Chief Economist and Head of Research, TheCityUK
• Stephen Noakes, TheCityUK City Chair for Bristol
• Paul Swinney, Head of Policy and Research, Centre for Cities
• James Harris, Cities Analysis Team, ONS
After four years of relative stagnation, financial and related professional services exports across Britain rose by around 16% in 2016. Using a new experimental dataset from the Office for National Statistics, TheCityUK has analysed financial and related professional services exports from each British region and nation and quantified the regional contributions made by the industry’s overseas sales. The event will be an opportunity to discuss the report’s findings as well as the policy environment needed to further support exports from Britain’s regions and nations over the coming years.
Lloyds Banking Group
10 Canons Way