Job title: Receptionist and Facilities
Reporting to (job title): EA to CEO
Hours of work: 08:30-17:00
Objective of role: To support the Company with the daily running of the reception desk, the operation of the meeting rooms and provision of all associated services
General Reception Duties
• Meet and greet visitors and guests in a professional manner and serving refreshments as required.
• Answering all incoming calls both internal and external, and direct the caller to the appropriate person.
• Retrieving voicemails and directing the message to the appropriate member of staff in a timely manner.
• Ensure that all meeting rooms are correctly set up ready for each meeting. Rooms should be cleared down from the previous meeting, clean and tidy, with the correct catering and equipment ready for the start of the meeting.
• Coordinate all meeting room bookings, processing incoming telephone and e-mail requests including catering and AV requirements.
• Facilitation of conference calls as and when required.
• Fielding and redirecting enquires as appropriate.
• Handling all incoming communications (telephone calls, post, courier and deliveries).
• Ensure prompt liaison with the team for the collection of packages, deliveries etc.
• Monitor housekeeping standards and ensure that all client areas are kept tidy and presentable.
• Printing, binding, copying and scanning.
• Liaising with the PAs and Team Assistants and attending regular team meetings.
• Booking taxis/arranging travel as required.
• Issuing security passes for new staff members/visitors.
• Any other ad-hoc duties that may be required.
• Support with team expenses.
• Arranging couriers.
• Maintenance of CRM database.
• Assisting with registering event responses on CRM and responding to members, as needed.
• Ad-hoc cross-team support as required.
• Stationery and printer cartridge ordering.
• Cover for the PA / Administration team as and when required.
• Tent cards for meetings and other general meeting support.
• Assisting colleagues as and when required.
• Liaising with cleaning contractors.
• Dealing with the electricians, plumbers, pest control and building maintenance regarding general office issues.
• Overseeing internal equipment e.g. franking machine, dishwasher, fridges, coffee machines etc.
• Arranging annual PAT testing.
• Fire extinguishers annual check and liaising with Chubb.
• Coordinating PaperRound weekly collections and organising additional collections as and when requested.
• Ensuring TheCityUK has the correct number of fire marshals and first aiders trained.
• Ensuring the franking machine is in credit and serviced.
• Fruit and dairy orders ensuring the costing is competitive.
• Other ad-hoc duties.
This role has a high level of interaction with all internal staff and external parties. In many cases, this role holder will provide the first line of contact on behalf of TheCityUK so a professional, courteous and confident approach is essential at all times.
• Great attention to detail.
• Confident in dealing with senior stakeholders.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Highly organised with ability to prioritise.
• Calm with the ability to work under pressure.
• Maintains a positive outlook and flexible approach.
• Willing to get involved with new tasks.
• Ability to use initiative and ‘think outside the box’.
• Competent in all Microsoft Office packages including Outlook.
• Willing to work additional hours as & when required.
• GCSE Grades A-C/relevant skills and experience.
TheCityUK is the industry-led body representing UK-based financial and related professional services. In the UK, across Europe and internationally, we promote policies that drive competitiveness, support job creation and ensure long-term economic growth. The industry contributes over 10% of the UK’s total economic output and employs 2.3 million people, with two thirds of these jobs outside London. It is the largest tax payer, the biggest exporting industry and generates a trade surplus almost equivalent to all other net exporting industries combined.
To apply for this role please contact email@example.com.