TheCityUK’s Latin America Market Advisory Group (MAG) is a cross sectoral practitioner group which explores the growing trade and investment opportunities in the Latin America region.
Our focus is on the markets our members believe have the greatest commercial interest. Our priority markets are Brazil and Mexico, followed by Colombia, Chile, Peru and Argentina.
- Leading on formulating the financial and related professional services sector trade and investment policy priorities for key markets within the region, including working closely with our Liberalisation of Trade in Services (LOTIS) committee.
- Continuing to promote UK-based financial & related professional services to Latin American investors.
- Increasing reciprocal trade and investment between the UK and the region.
- Developing relations with senior regional decision makers, regulators and economic and business stakeholders.
We work closely with the government, particularly the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Department for International Trade and HM Treasury, setting the policy priorities and seeking trade and investment opportunities in the following strategic sectors:
- insurance and reinsurance
- capital markets
- asset management/pensions
- legal services.
For more information about our Latin America work programme please contact us.