Our MENA MAG recognises the strategic importance of the region. We focus on the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries and markets including Egypt, Morocco and Iran.
- Providing thought leadership on the direction in which the sector would like government policy and trade and investment activity to progress in the region.
- Formulating the UK-based financial and related professional services industry’s trade and investment policies in the key markets of the region, including engagement with our Liberalisation of Trade in Services (LOTIS) Committee.
- Developing dialogue and business between the UK and key markets in the MENA region.
- Building relations with senior regional decision-makers, regulators and economic and business stakeholders.
- Preparing the insights of our industry’s objectives for the UK government’s post-Brexit trade agreements.
- Working with government stakeholders, to position the expertise of the UK-based financial and related professional services industry, in support of the GCC countries’ economic reform plans. For example, Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030.
- Exploring opportunities arising from the lifting of sanctions on Iran.
- Infrastructure finance and how our industry can respond to opportunities presented by the region’s infrastructure projects.
- Financial services regulation and capital market development in the region.
- Engaging with key regional stakeholders to build long term strategic relationships to further members’ interests across the region.
For more information about our MENA work programme please contact us.